International Psychometric Evaluation Certification
Become IPEC certified through the to be recognized as a competent, empirically savy, evidenced-based assessment evaluator! IPEC is the Gold Standard to demonstrate your forensic work and expertise is based on scientific methodology! Complete the application today and witness your practice get the recognition it deserves in an environment of legal competencies and empirical competencies! This is the cornerstone certification that many disciplines (Rehabilitation, Therapists, Forensic Evaluators, Counselors, Life Care Planners, and Educators) have been waiting for!
Below are the criteria to be able to become certified through Peer Review Experts:
- Be a current ABVE Member.
- Master’s/Doctorate in psychology, social work, counseling, or health related degree.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope.
- A copy of the academic degree.
- Professional Experience/Work Product:
- Three years’ work experience administering psychometric tests is required.
- Applicant must provide 1 to 3 redacted work samples to show they administer, interpret, and/or score psychometric tests. Examples of psychometric tests include but are not limited to testing in achievement, aptitude, interest, personality, behavior, career, neuropsychology, pain, research, forensic, speech, occupational therapy, physical medicine, work evaluation, medical or human resource management.
- Applicant must provide an up-to-date CV or resumé.
- Proof of Ethical/Legal Standing:
- Confirmation to show if you have ever been investigated or disciplined by a national certifying body or state/national licensing body. Investigation or discipline does not necessarily mean you would be precluded from being qualified from IPEC or ABVE certification.
- Proof of current certifications or licensure:
- List your current certifications or licensure credential along with certification/licensure number, and status of each.
- Three professional references must be provided to verify employment, education, and experience. (Please use the reference letter template).
- IPEC Application:
- Applicants are required to complete the IPEC Application provided by ABVE and submit it with all attachments.
- Code of Ethics:
- Applicants are required to sign an ABVE/IPEC code of ethics, affirming they agree to practice within their scope of practice.
- Peer Review Approval:
- A peer review of your application and supporting documents is reviewed by peer review committee members to ensure full pre-qualification status and authorization to sit for the IPEC exam
- Non-Refundable Application Fee and Membership:
- A non-refundable application fee of $225.00 must be paid at time of application.
- If you are not a current ABVE Member, then the non-refundable membership fee of $195 must also be submitted with your application.
- Attain a passing score on the IPEC examination.
Learn more about the IPEC
Both these articles were published in the Journal of Forensic Vocational Analysis, Vol 15, No. 2:
The Evolution of the International Psychometric Evaluation Certification (IPEC) by Cynthia P. Grimley & Scott Whitmer
Psychometric Evaluation Competency: The International Psychometric Evaluation Certification (IPEC) in the Era of Evidenced Based Assessment Within the Forensic Environment by Scott Whitmer & Cynthia P. Grimley