American Board of Vocational Experts Certification
Certification by the American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE) is a formal acknowledgement and recognition of one’s knowledge, experience and skill application on the part of a vocational professional working in the forensic arena. The ABVE certification process serves as the mechanism to insure that professionals have actually demonstrated a high degree of forensic competence, integrity, accountability and an adherence to ethical standards promoting the highest level of service provision within this specific profession.
In addition to the annual fee, proof of continuing education advancement is required. Currently the continuing education requirement is 42-credits during the three-year cycle to maintain certification.
The current 3-year CEU cycle runs from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2024. Fellow/Diplomate members must acquire 42-CEUs approved by ABVE during this period. Active Emeritus members must acquire 14 CEUs.
The Approval of CEU Credits Will Reflect The Sixteen (16) Core Forensic Competencies as Listed Below and Found on the ABVE Certification Examination:
- Forensic Testimony & Related Legislation, Rules & Regulations
- Standardized Vocational Testing & Work Samples
- Statistical Analysis, Foundations & Theories
- Research Methodology and Forensic Applications
- Standardized Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing
- Vocational Theory and Forensic Applications
- Job Surveys and Job Placement Techniques
- Seminal Vocational Texts & Applications (i.e. Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Handbook for Analysis, and others)
- ABVE Standards, Code of Ethics and Professional Ethical Behavior
- Transferable Skills Analysis; Theories and Forensic Applications
- Physical Capacity Evaluation, Assessment of Functionality & Work Applications
- Occupational Information Network (O*Net Applications)
- Life Care Planning; Resources, Techniques, Competencies
- Pain Measurement, Pain Management, Work Implications, Treatment Modalities
- Occupational Density; Theoretical Foundation, Resources, Applications
- Determination of Earning Capacity; Theories, Sources & Applications