All ABVE Certified members must maintain 42 CEUs for every 3-year cylce. (Current cycle runs 2019-2021) Members can earn CEUs through attending ABVE Conferences or can earn alternative CEUs.
All applicants seeking approval of Alternative CEU’s must submit a completed application, pay the required fee, and submit the supporting documents at the time of the application. There will be no consideration given to applications without the required documentation which is listed below and on the application form.
BE SURE TO:
1. Complete one form for each alternate continuing education event or program
2. Submit a verification of attendance/completion with each application form
3. Submit program description to allow discernment of Forensic Applicability
4. Submit the required fee ($75 organization approval, $15 individual approval)
2020 ABVE Conference Recordings
With the 2020 ABVE Conference pivoting to a virtual conference, we were able to record the sessions. You now can view the live recordings and earn CEUs. Click here to learn more!
Have you attended other conferences or taken an IARP Webinar? There is a chance that you can submit your certificate for free if the conference/webinar has been pre-approved. Click here for ABVE’s Pre-Approved course list. Check with ABVE Headquarters to see if any other session you attended has been pre-approved by emailing email@example.com.
The ABVE Board of Directors is happy to announce that you now can get pre-approved Continuing Education Units through OnlineCE. To purchase ABVE pre-approved courses through OnlineCE, click this link: OnlineCE.com. Once you have completed your course, submit your certificate of completion to ABVE Headquarters to have the CEUs applied to your record.
Here’s how to get started:
- Visit www.OnlineCE.com and click on Register in the left blue navigation bar. Select Profession: American Board of Vocational Experts
- After completing registration, login and you will be on your personal homepage. The free course is listed under Incomplete
- Courses – simply click on the start button to begin and earn 1.5 ABVE CEUs!
- If you run into any issues or have any questions at any time, please click the contact us link in the left blue navigation bar.
Benefits to ABVE Members:
- Immediate access to online continuing education courses relevant to ABVE members
- Upon course completion, immediate access to certificate of completion
- NO administrative cost to submit ABVE/IPEC Pre-Approved Courses
- Every year, ABVE will provide one free continuing education course to ABVE members
- Coming soon – The opportunity for ABVE members to Author Courses/Earn CEU for authoring/Earn Royalties
Try it out now and get your first course for FREE! New courses will continue to be added on a regular basis!
Submit Course Content for and get royalties and ABVE CEU credit! Learn more!
The ABVE Board of Directors is happy to announce that you now can get pre-approved Continuing Education Units through one of our preferred providers, AAACEUS. To purchase ABVE pre-approved courses through AAACEUS and get a 10% discount, click this link: ABVE pre-approved CEU’s. An Alternative CEU Application and $15 processing fee must be submitted to ABVE for each AAACEU course taken that is not ABVE pre-approved. Doing so will enable you to receive credit toward your certification requirement.
A copy of the official attendance form for the activity, signed and dated by an authorized party representing the sponsoring agency. This form shall have the sponsoring agency’s telephone number listed so that members of the ABVE CEU Committee may call the agency to discuss forensic application of the sponsored activity.
A copy of the program/seminar brochure which indicates the dates of the activity, the sponsoring agency, the total hours allocated to the activity, a detailed description of the objectives and content of the learning sessions so that the ABVE CEU Committee can determine if it meets the 16 Core Forensic Competency Areas listed above.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for Alternative CEU’s to be approved. The deadline for Alternative CEU applications to be submitted for the 2019-2021 CEU cycle is December 31, 2021.