ABVE Credentialing Process
Applicants must hold a Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited institution in vocational rehabilitation, psychology, vocational counseling or a related human service field. Also required is specific knowledge or vocational assessment, functional capacity measures, psychological tests and measurement, job analysis, job placement, and job surveys. The ABVE Diplomate and Fellow certifications require experience in providing testimony in these areas. An applicant must hold an Associate Membership at the time of application for certification.
Steps to Certification are as follows:
- Complete the appropriate application
- Submit official college transcripts in a sealed envelope or electronically directly sent from the institution awarding the Masters or Doctoral degree(s).
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae or resume
- A minimum of three Letters of Reference documenting your years of experience providing expert opinion in a forensic setting (ie. Attorneys, Judges, Hearing Officers, Arbitrators, etc.)
- Submit at least one redacted forensic work product or work sample (should be your superior work product.) Social Security Vocational Expert (SSVE) testimony is not considered an acceptable forensic work product.
- Submit a signed Code of Ethics
- Pass a Peer Review
- Attain a passing score on the appropriate ABVE Examination
INTERNATIONAL PSYCHOMETRIC EVALUATION CERTIFICATION (IPEC)
An applicant for the International Psychometric Evaluation Certification (IPEC) shall hold a Master’s or Doctorate degree in in Psychology (MA, MS, M.Ed.), School Psychology, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Therapy/Family Therapy/Counseling, Education, or other Health Related Field from an accredited institution. Applicant will have documented specific education courses and equivalents such as Tests & Measurements, Ethics, Assessment/Evaluation, Descriptive Statistics, Inferential Statistics, Multicultural/Ethnic Perspectives, Specialized Psychometric Training and Theories. Applicant will have specific experience in testing domains recognized in the Psychometric Industry such as Academic, Achievement, personality/Behavioral Health, Intelligence/Cognitive, Career/Vocational, Neuropsychology, Forensic, Speech Language, Work Evaluation/Work Capacity, Pain/Medical and Research. This level of membership in ABVE shall require demonstrated testing experience.